Equipe Media –El Aaiun
February 28, 2020
Occupied Western Sahara
Moroccan occupying authorities have denied access to a Catalan delegation seeking to visit the occupied Western Sahara and meet the representatives of Sahrawi human rights NGOs, family and children of Sahrawi female activist Mahfouda Lefkir held in detention for more than 4 months .
The member of the delgation were kept inside the plane until get deported to Las Palmas airport .
The delegation was composed of
– SUSANA SEGOVIA, Deputy of « los comunes » parliamentary party.
– FERRÁN CIVIL, Deputy of ERC
– VIDAL ARAGONÉS, Deputy of CUP
– GUADALUPE MORENO, Catalan Agency of Development and cooperation .
– ORIOL PUIG , sahara dempeus
– DAVID MINOVES,General director of « fons catala »
– GEMMA ,President of the platform of municipalities in solidarity with Western Sahara
– TONI ROYO, from technical staff of « fons catala »
Equipe Media correspondant has seen officers from the Moroccan Intelligence Service surrounding El Aaiun airport an hour prior to the arrival of the plane.
The occupying authorities fear being held accountable of the abuses frequently committed against Sahrawi people.
Two days ago, Moroccan authorities have deported the Spanish lawyer Anna Sebastianne who was planning to attend the trial of the a Sahrawi human rights activist .